Instructional and Curricular Design
What We Do:
The Instructional and Curricular Design Unit provides the curricular tools, templates and development opportunities to faculty to aid in the design development and improvement of the SOM’s competency-based curriculum.This includes facilitating innovation and technology in the curriculum, with programs and techniques in curricular design and development, and offering opportunities for educational scholarship to students and development for faculty in these areas.
The overall strategy for the curriculum design begins with the school’s Education Program Objectives and organizing the content and structure with courses, sessions, learning strategies and assessments that support and help achieve these overall objectives.
In the ICD section, you will find:
Please note that this unit will continue to be added to with relevant and current information.
- How to Write Learning Objectives
- Learning Goals & Objectives
- Bloom’s Taxonomy of Verbs
- Faculty Complex Learning Tip Sheet
- Google Slide Session Template (available to HMH Team members only)
- Session Template (available to HMH Team members only)
- Student Active Learning Tip Sheet
- Faculty Active Learning Tip Sheet