Office of Faculty
Welcome to the Office of Faculty at the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine.
We support Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development activities, promoting a nurturing and healthy learning environment to enhance career and professional development at all levels including students, residents and faculty.
We seek to support an individual’s career aspirations and enhance teaching skills, service activities and academic scholarship.
In alignment with the School of Medicine’s (SOM) vision and mission we seek to develop inter-professional programs to assist in providing the best possible care for patients and families.
We wish to foster an atmosphere of excellence in teaching and fostering an environment of creativity, collaboration, diversity, inclusivity & equity with the ultimate goal of establishing a community of teachers and lifelong learners.
Roles & Functions of the Office include:
- Support for academic appointment
- Initial appointments
- Annual faculty reviews
- Development of faculty that represent the SOM’s vision & mission
- Educational skill development
- Support for educational scholarship
- Career development
- We recognize that many populations are underrepresented in junior & senior ranks in the medical profession & are taking steps to change that at our SOM.
Your questions and feedback are welcomed! Help us make sure we are meeting the needs of our faculty.