The primary goal of our wellness program is to provide students with tools for wellness, resilience and balance while in medical school.
Assistance In Accessing Physical And Mental Health Services
Need help finding a doctor? Make an appointment with the Wellness Coordinator for support in finding a doctor who takes your insurance and meets your needs.
Counseling and Mental Health Services are available on both campus and virtually:
- Latoya Watson, LCSW, Virtual Counseling available Tuesdays, 4 to 8 pm and Wednesdays, 3 to 7 pm; firstname.lastname@example.org; 763-348-1498; Schedule online at our Counseling Scheduler.
- Nadine Mass, LCSW, In-person Counseling available Wednesdays, 1 to 5 pm and Thursdays, 1 to 5 pm; Nadine_Mass@optum.com; 763-349-6734; Schedule online at our Counseling Scheduler.
For students who need immediate support, direct 24/7 access to Guidance Consultants, referrals to counselors, and other resources, call the HMSOM/Optum Student Assistance Program at 1-866-448-7562 and a confidential consultant will speak with you.
- Or, visit https://www.liveandworkwell.com/content/en/member.html (Guest Access Code: HMSOMSAP) for more information and topics.
Creates and coordinates wellness workshops, services and programming for the Office of Student Affairs and Wellbeing
- Mindful Movement Yoga classes meet Wednesdays 4-5pm in Room 3515/17
- Reciprocal Resilience: Mindfulness Strategies for Coping meets every third Tuesday online from 7:30-8:30
Advises the Wellness Committee and wellness-oriented student groups
Researches & advocates for policies that support a culture of wellness