The Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine offers opportunities for faculty involvement at various points and a variety of settings throughout the curriculum. Students complete a three-year core curriculum, meeting rigorous standardized learning outcomes. This competency-based curriculum works to instill the idea of lifelong learning and self-directed learning as the students reach their goals.
Each phase of the curriculum offers a different opportunity for faculty to engage with students. Phase 1 consists of teaching either in your office or both large and small group settings. Phase 2 offers opportunities for teaching in your office or hospital or through electives. In Phase three faculty can develop and lead intensive electives or work with students in research.
Phase 1 Opportunities:
- Longitudinal Clinical Placement
- Small Group Facilitators
- Large Group Teaching Sessions (LGALS)
Phase 2 Opportunities:
- Create 2-to-4-week advanced clinical electives in your specialty area or sub internships in ICU setting.
- Teaching in the clerkship setting.
Phase 3 Opportunities:
- Intensive research time up to 9 months.
- Intensive clinical electives of varying lengths.
With questions, contact the Office of Medical Education at OMEAdmin@hmhn.org.