Stanley Terlecky, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair
Department of Medical Sciences
Dr. Terlecky is a biomedical researcher, entrepreneur, and educator. His research interests focus on the peroxisome – an intracellular organelle of critical importance in human health, disease, and aging. Dr. Terlecky is an awarded teacher of graduate and medical students – who has lectured extensively on topics in cell biology, biochemistry, and pharmacology.
- Ph.D. – Tufts University
- B.A. – New York University
- Bao, B., Mitrea, C., Wijesinghe, P., Marchetti, L., Girsch, E., Farr, R.L., Boerner, J.L., Mohammad, R., Dyson, G., Terlecky, S.R., and Bollig-Fischer A. (2017) Treating triple negative breast cancer cells with erlotinib plus a select antioxidant overcomes drug resistance by targeting cancer cell heterogeneity. Scientific Reports, (Nature Publishing Group), 7:44125 doi:10.1038/srep44125.
- Nell, H.J., Au, J.L., Giordano, C.R., Terlecky, S.R., Walton, P.A., Whitehead, S.N. and Cechetto, D.F. (2017) The targeted antioxidant, CAT-SKL, reduces beta-amyloid toxicity in the rat brain. Brain Pathology, 27: 86-94.
- Farr, R.L., Lismont, C., Terlecky, S.R., and Fransen, M. (2016) Peroxisome biogenesis in mammalian cells: the impact of genes and environment. Biomedica Biochemica Acta, 1863: 1049-1060.
- Giordano, C.R., Roberts R., Krentz, K.A., Bissig, D., Talreja, D., Kumar, A., Terlecky, S.R., and Berkowitz, B.A. (2015) Catalase therapy corrects oxidative stress-induced pathophysiology in incipient diabetic retinopathy. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, 56: 3095-3102.
- Giordano, C.R., Terlecky, L.J., Bollig-Fischer A., Walton, P.A., and Terlecky, S.R. (2014) Amyloid-beta neuroprotection mediated by a targeted antioxidant. Scientific Reports, (Nature Publishing Group), 4:4983 doi:10.1038/srep04983.